The organization is a leading cloud platform and cognitive solutions company. They are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 350.000 employees serving clients in 170 countries. They are focused on building industry-based solutions to real-world problems.
As System Engineer you are responsible for monitoring enterprise distributed capability functions. By doing so, you will work with extended teams to configure monitoring for the system infrastructure, OS platforms and database to support the targeted application monitoring goals and objectives. Furthermore, you will monitore the availability and performance of the systems at both the infrastructure and application levels. In all this, you will collaborate with other IT professional in delivering design support and and resolving issues. At last you are responsible for the Event Management processes, including managing the monitoring applications which monitor the infrastructure services and applications in high-availability production environments.
Additionally you like to work in a challenging and demanding environment and recogninze yourself in the following keywords: communicative, proactive and analytical.
- Configuring monitoring for the system infrastrucure and OS platforms;
- Monitor the availability and performance of systems at both the infrastructure and application levels;
- Handle incident request tickets and follow-up on all the monitoring aspects;
- Perform daily support for monitoring related queries;
- Perform configuration management, problem management and monitoring of the enterprise data storage systems.
- At least 4 years of hand-on experience in administrating, configurating and performance troubleshooting of IBM storage at an enterprise level;
- Working knowledge of AIX operating systems, monitoring properties and principles;
- Working knowledge of IBM SAN Volume Controller and IBM V7000;
- Experienced with SAN replications technologies and disaster recovery;
- Experienced in monitoring and troubleshooting storage performance;
- IBM Spectrum Protect or Tivoli Storage Manager;
- Ability to identify, research and analyze technical problems;
- Analytical, proactive and communicative.
- Excellent salary;
- Contract for 12 months, with an option to be extended.
- €4.000,- to €5.500,- based on 40 hours a week and knowledge
- €40,- to €80,- hourly rated based on 40 hours a week and knowledge.
iSense is a young, energetic and ambitious specialist in IT employment services. iSense will help you find a job on different levels within organisations, such as operations, business consultancy and (project)management. We want to help you find a job were you can be successful and above all happy. Working together with iSense will bring you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops.