Start your career: Ops Engineer - Rotterdam Area
Are you someone who knows how to handle in the heat of the battle? Do you have relevant experience with scripting languages (Shell, Python or Bash)? Do you have the basic knowledge on how to work in a Linux/Windows environment? Then kick start your career in one of the coolest and most challenging companies in the Netherlands
You will work at a large and progressive financial institution with offices in the Netherlands and abroad. You work within the domain that is responsible for the infrastructure related services, which are used by the entire company. The department is the central point with the responsibility for the IT availability, reliability and security. They resolve unexpected operational disruptions quickly and facilitate other departments 24/7.
As an OPS Engineer you are involved in the management of live production systems and applications. You identify and correct the 1st line problems that arise in complex systems and / or applications. To this end, you use advanced tools and your technical expertise for performing problem analyzes and realizing solutions. Your main tasks involve:
- Record incidents and solve them by making use of the ticketing system;
- Providing 1st line infrastructure services to internal parties;
- Prevent malfunctions by automating the environment;
- Report any malfunctions;
- Signal relevant developments in the world of Infrastructure and submit proposals for improvement;
- You will work in shifts (Morning, afternoon and evening).
Do you recognize yourself in the following profile?
- You have at least a BSc. Degree, preferably related to Networking or systems;
- You have an awesome personality;
- You have an understanding of Windows or Linux Environments and Infrastructures;
- You have knowledge of at least one of the following: Bash, Shell or Python;
- You ideally have experience with working, or at least want to work in a complex and challenging IT environment;
- You know how to work according to Agile/Scrum/DevOps methodologies;
- You have good communication skills: you aren’t afraid to ask for information, share your opinion and view, whether it’s asked or not;
- You are a team player and want to become a true professional in every way;
- You speak Dutch and/or English.
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work layout;
- Growth opportunities in both depth and width;
- Excellent salary;
- Training opportunities for professionally oriented courses.
Based on relevant education, work experience and certifications, you can expect a salary between €2.000,- and €3.500,- gross per month based on a 40-hours workweek.
iSense is a young, energetic and ambitious specialist in IT employment services. iSense will help you find a job on different levels within organisations, such as operations, business consultancy and (project)management. We want to help you find a job were you can be successful and above all happy. Working together with iSense will bring you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).
Want to know more? Check our website: www.isense.nl