Senior SQL DBA in a mission critical environment
Do you have extensive experience with SQL? Do you think it is key to take full ownership of your work? And are you used to perform database administration work in mission critical environments? Then please apply to this job!
The organization is based in Amsterdam and has been operating in the financial industry for years (both nationally and internationally). They are fast-growing and need to stay up with developments in both the financial and IT industry. In order to be able to keep on doing this, they need someone who is in charge of their SQL databases.
More and more requests arise from suppliers, customers and ‘the business’ that involve the database. However, currently they cannot respond as quickly as they want to since there is no purely dedicated DBA (DBA-tasks are performed by System Engineers and other disciplines). Because of the growing amount of projects and requests, the company decided to create this DBA role. As (the one and only) DBA you will have a leading role and you will participate in a lot of projects. For instance, they are currently busy with working on a DevOps kind of way, they are investigating the usage of NoSQL and there are some BI-related projects. Next to this, it is important that you take full ownership of all the databases and that you are the go-to-guy regarding SQL and database administration. You will be supported by two functional administrators and a Microsoft Dynamics AX administrator, yet you are in the lead.
Also, there will be meetings with international teams (mostly by phone) which require your in-depth knowledge of the databases. And if you see or know new tools and techniques that will improve the databases (and its processes), don’t hesitate to further explore and even implement them! This particular company strives to optimize on a daily basis and has the (financial) resources to do so.
- Responsible for daily SQL Server administration (2012 and 2014; 2017 in the future);
- Involved by numerous and critical projects (BI, NoSQL, DevOps, migrations, etc.);
- Supporting all the teams and their (financial) domains regarding business requests and alike;
- Having in-depth technical meetings;
- Taking full ownership of the databases;
- Automating ‘SQL processes';
- Exploring (and implementing) new technologies.
- Preferrably a BSc. degree (or similar intellectual ability);
- More than 8 years of work experience as SQL DBA (preferably with SQL Server 2012 or newer versions most of the time);
- Work experience in a mission critical, high-availability environment;
- Work experience with SSIS, SSRS and SSAS (nice to have);
- Excellent English communication skills;
- Currently living in Holland.
- Possibility to work 32 or 36 hours per week (4x9 is not possible);
- 25 holiday days;
- Travel allowance;
- Pension plan.
iSense is a young, energetic and ambitious specialist in IT employment services. iSense will help you find a job on different levels within organisations, such as operations, business consultancy and (project)management. We want to help you find a job were you can be successful and above all happy. Working together with iSense will bring you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).
Want to know more? Check our website: www.isense.nl