Senior Ops Engineer | Risk
Are you someone with good communication skills? Are you a go-getter with an affinity for Risk and compliance? Do you have working experience with Linux and MS Windows Server? Do you have working experience with migrating applications to the Cloud? Then advance your career in one of the coolest and most challenging companies in the Netherlands!
Note: This position requires fluent Dutch! If you can't speak Dutch, you unfortunately won't be considered for this position.
You will work at a large financial institution with offices in the Netherlands and abroad. You work within the domain that is responsible for building and delivering IT systems, which are used by the entire company on a global level.
The department where you will be working is responsible for a risk application which is used by the entire organization. You are going to monitor the application, patch their servers and migrate the whole platform into the Private Cloud. In addition, you are responsible for making sure all policies are met, all documentation is complete, and the application is updated correctly. Your task is to ensure compliance, keeping OCD green.
What are you going to do?
As a Senior Ops Engineer you are involved in the management of live production systems and applications. Your main tasks involve:
- Recording incidents and solving them;
- Researching Security requirements;
- Performing clean installs and removing redundant databases;
- Ensuring that the application is running, preventing malfunctions and fixing bugs;
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues;
- Ensuring compliance, keeping OCD (internal control framework for IT Risk) green through complementing compliances and risk standards;
- Preventing malfunctions by automating the environment;
- Updating, testing and deploying the system as soon as new version of the application software comes out;
- Signal relevant developments in the world submit proposals for improvement.
What do we need from you?
- You have at least a BSc. Degree;
- You have at least 4 years of work experience in application management & operations;
- You have at least 4 years of work experience with Linux & MS Windows Server;
- You have at least 4 years of work experience with Oracle DB & SQL Server DB;
- You have work experience with deployment processes in Cloud environments;
- You have working experience with DBaaS (Pré);
- You know how to work according to Agile/Scrum methodologies;
- You have good communication skills;
- You aren’t afraid to ask for information, share your opinion and view, whether it’s asked or not;
- You are a team player and want to become a true professional in every way;
- You speak Dutch and English.
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work layout;
- Growth opportunities in both depth and width;
- Excellent salary;
- Training opportunities for professionally oriented courses.
iSense is a young, energetic and ambitious specialist in IT employment services. iSense will help you find a job on different levels within organisations, such as operations, business consultancy and (project)management. We want to help you find a job were you can be successful and above all happy. Working together with iSense will bring you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).
Want to know more? Check our website: www.isense.nl