Senior Database Developer | High-performance databases | DevOps | Financial Services
For our client in Amsterdam we are searching for a Database Developer that can assist the environment in implementing and optimising high performance databases. The client is one of the biggest financial organizations within the Netherlands. This international organization has more than 20.000 employees and has millions of private and corporate clients and is respected as one of the most innovative organizations in their industry.
You will be working in one of the eight scrum teams in the international security domain. These scrum teams contribute to the safety of the bank and its direct customers. They work fully agile/scrum and have already started with the transition to the DevOps way of working. It is important that you also believe this way of working is the way to go! This environment encourages its employees to be proactive and think of new improvements, and the latest development is their decision to migrate to Azure.
As a Database Developer, you are part of a DevOps team with on-call support. Here, you get to work on, improve and design a Digital Identity Repository (DIR) system as a part of Identity and Access Management. You are responsible for implementing a high-performance database, and ensuring that it is optimised and is able to answer complex API queries. As a senior in the team, you will also be responsible for coaching and mentoring junior developers. Your tasks consist of:
- Designing and implementing a high-performance database, which can answer complex API queries;
- Assisting with the development of Java add-ons, in order to provide greater functionality of the application;
- Assisting the team with migrating the environment to Microsoft Azure;
- Advising the team on improvements and future application architecture;
- Every 6 weeks, you will have 1 week of stand-by shifts to support the offshore teams;
- Work Agile in a scrum team.
- You have at least a Bachelor or Master degree;
- You have proven recent experience with designing, implementing and maintaining high-performance databases;
- Ideally, you have experience in working in a security environment;
- You are familiar with the DevOps way of working;
- You have experience working in a Java development environment;
- You have experience in working in a public cloud (big plus);
- You are a strong communicator, and a natural problem solver;
- You challenge the status quo and are curious about new technologies.
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work layout;
- Growth opportunities in both depth and width;
- Excellent salary;
- Training opportunities for professionally oriented courses.
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regular interaction with iSense colleagues in your region (through our "iHaveFuns").