Security DevOps | QRadar | Splunk
You will work with a big, financial organization in Amsterdam. Because of the financial nature of the organization, security is very important for them. Within the Corporate Information Security Office (CISO) they have an Operations & Intelligence department, which is where you will work. The O&I department delivers the secure infrastructure solutions.
In this department, they work in Scrum teams with around 5/6 people together. The teams consist of a Product Owner, Scrum Master and DevOps Engineers. The team you will join is responsible for the SIEM-tooling, (QRadar), and Log management tooling (Splunk). The work based on logging and correlating data. When someone tries to login and has the password wrong multiple times, their tooling checks whether this is a human mistake or a hacker.
What will you do?
As a DevOps Engineer, you deliver security solutions for the SOC that improve the security of the IT infrastructure. Together in your Scrum team, you work in sprints of 3 week on a project from the back-log.
- Working on and with the SIEM (QRadar) and Log Management (Splunk) tools;
- Implementing new sub-modules from the QRadar package, for example UBA;
- Creating, reviewing, testing and maintaining security and infrastructure solutions;
- Supporting and maintaining the quality and operations of solutions and processes;
- Automating processes with Python;
- Working on security solutions according to the most recent security developments, principles, techniques and regulations;
- Working from infrastructure level (firewalls, proxy, IDS/IPS, NIDS, etc.) to databases and operating systems (Linux) to web (apps, services, SOA);
- Sharing insights, ideas and knowledge on new solutions and/or internal processes;
- Ensuring you and your Scrum team are up-to-date on the newest developments, principles and regulations regarding infrastructure, architecture and business security threats.
What do you bring?
- You have at least a HBO/Bachelor Diploma;
- You have experience working as a DevOps Engineer and a showable affinity with security aspects / securing IT infrastructure;
- You have experience working with SIEM and Log Management tools like QRadar and Splunk or comparable tooling;
- You know about security principles, architecture, techniques and protocols (OWASP, STRIDE, VIA, CRA, etc.);
- You have experience working in an Agile environment;
- You are proactive, have a passion for IT and know how to share this passion.
What can you expect?
- Competitive salary;
- Personal budget for education and development;
- Flexible working hours, working 4X9 is possible.
Depending on relevant work experience and certificates there is a salary indication from €3.500,- till €6.500,- euro gross per months based on a 40-hour workweek.
iSense is a young, energetic and ambitious specialist in IT employment services. iSense will help you find a job on different levels within organisations, such as operations, business consultancy and (project)management. We want to help you find a job were you can be successful and above all happy. Working together with iSense will bring you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).
Want to know more? Check our website: www.isense.nl