Red Hat Linux Administrator | Ansible | Python
Do you have extensive experience as a System Administrator? Are you someone that wants to play a key role in a large and complex international infrastructure? Do you have relevant working experience with Ansible Playbooks? Are you a Red Hat Certified Engineer? If your answers are yes, don’t hesitate and apply now!
Note: You already need to live in the Netherlands for this position!
The organization is one of the biggest financial institutions of the Netherlands. They are digitalizing rapidly which is a must in the world of banking. Regulations and internal demands are increasing which requires flexibility and agility.
The department you will work in is the infrastructure department. As a Red Hat Linux Administrator, your job is to deliver the Linux systems to the application teams within the organization. Which includes supporting the other teams with their security, releases and patches. As a Administrator, you are responsible for managing the patches & releases, upgrading the backlog & Red Hat versions, managing vulnerabilities and building scripts to automate the environment. You possess the skills and mind-set to handle pressure within corporate environments when having deadlines and you help your colleagues out when needed.
What are you going to do?
As a Linux System Administrator, it is important to maintain a high security profile, protecting the availability and integrity of the data and information assets. You identify and correct the 1st and 2nd line problems that arise in complex systems. To this end, you use advanced tools and your technical expertise for performing problem analyzes and realizing solutions.
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues;
- Configuring and implementing monitoring tooling;
- Writing Ansible Playbooks;
- Writing scripts to automate the environment;
- Providing 1st and 2nd line services to internal parties;
- Managing vulnerabilities within the systems;
- Updating, testing and deploying the system as soon as new version of the software comes out;
- User administration, setting up and maintaining accounts;
- Signal relevant developments in the world of Infrastructure and submit proposals for improvement;
- You will have a standby shift once every 6 weeks.
What do we need from you?
- You are a Red Hat Certified Engineer;
- Minimum of 4 years work experience as a Red Hat Linux Administrator (must);
- You have work experience with writing Ansible Playbooks;
- You have automation experience via scripting (Python or Perl);
- You have work experience with Oracle Solaris 11 and IBM AIX (pré);
- You have work experience with Satellite or Spacewalk (pré);
- You have middleware knowledge (pré);
- Strong communicative skills, inquisitive, result driven, proactive and persuasive.
iSense is a young, energetic and ambitious specialist in IT employment services. iSense will help you find a job on different levels within organisations, such as operations, business consultancy and (project)management. We want to help you find a job where you can be successful and above all happy. Working together with iSense will bring you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).
Want to know more? Check our website: www.isense.nl.