Ops engineer for back-end Application
You will be working with a major player in the area of Amsterdam. This organisation is a progressive financial institution with operations in the Netherlands and abroad. Within the organisation, the cluster where you will come to work is responsible for the Investment department. At this moment, they are working on the merge with the Belgium part of the organisation, which means they are currently getting the Investment system ready to be joined by the Belgium systems. The team where you will come to work is responsible for the back-end of the Investment Portofolio package and cosists of both Developers and Operational Engineers.
They work according to Agile/Scrum methodologies and believe strongly in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery engineering principles. Within the DevOps teams, the atmosphere is informal, although they love to work hard. The organization is constantly looking for and working with innovations and new technologies, therefore they encourage personal development and out-of-the-box thinking. They also require this attitude from the people working there, which for instance means having personal projects and prototyping in your spare time.
The Ops Engineer is responsible for a stable environment, with a focus on continuous improvement and a complex application landscape processing high volumes of transactions 24x7 hours. Your main tasks involve:
- Managing incidents and stabilize the application environment;
- Deploy changes/releases, install new software and implement updates;
- Automate these deployments as part of the continuous delivery, using Ansible or Azure;
- Test the performance of web-applications and apply tuning.
- Define requirements and translate them to user stories;
- Support risk procedures and processes;
- Configure and maintain both application and chain monitoring.
- You have at least a completed Bachelor degree;
- You have at least 2 years of experience in Automated deployments, using Ansibile or Azure;
- You have proven working experience in both Windows 2012 and Linux;
- You have affinity working with standard application packages;
- You are familiar with Agile/Scrum methodologies;
- You have strong analytical skills and are stress-resistant;
- You are up to date with the latest techniques and the most efficient way of working.
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work layout;
- Growth opportunities in both depth and width;
- Excellent salary;
- Training opportunities for professionally oriented courses.
iSense is a young, energetic and ambitious specialist in IT employment services. iSense will help you find a job on different levels within organisations, such as operations, business consultancy and (project)management. We want to help you find a job were you can be successful and above all happy. Working together with iSense will bring you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).
Want to know more? Check our website: www.isense.nl