Ops Engineer for a Market Risk Application
Are you an experienced Ops Engineer, with a passion for automation? Do you feel responsible for the maintainability of the application and newly build functionalities?If your answer is yes to all the above, then apply now!
You will be working with a major player in the area of Amsterdam. This organization is a progressive financial institution with operations in the Netherlands and abroad. Within the organization, the cluster where you will come to work is responsible for the support, help and services for all the international clients.
Within this area, you’ll work in the department that builds and maintain an application that aggregates huge amounts of data from various sources and stores it an in-memory database. With this data they gain insight in ‘’Value at Risk’’ and the factors that affect this Risk. All this data is presented in a live file, which is used by internal and external partners.The international team consists of Developers and Operational Engineers. Within the team, the atmosphere is informal, although they love to work hard. The organization is constantly looking for and working with innovations and new technologies. Therefor they encourage personal development and out-of-the-box thinking. They also require this attitude from the people working there, which for instance means having personal projects and prototyping in your spare time.
The tasks of an Ops Engineer
The Operations Engineer will actively monitor, manage, study, test, and run the application, noting the detailed technical behaviour and performance across all aspects of the Application to proactively identify and prevent operational problems. The Operations Engineer is expected to understand the detailed workflow of the Application, expected transactional volumes and the detailed technical behaviour of Application Servers and Databases. The Operations Engineer will participate in the team’s Scrum processes as necessary.
The Operations Engineer’s primary responsibility is to ensure the operational stability, integrity, and availability of the Application at all times. You will typically proactively identify Application and system related problems. You will assume leadership of your DevOps team when an Incident occurs and your Application has an outage or is part of a Major Incident that affects the operation of your Application. When your Application is in maintenance mode (where there are no changes happening), your role is the only role required to keep the Application running:
- Together with your IT colleagues in Singapore and Amsterdam you will support and run the in-memory OLAP hypercubes on all environments including Production.
- Take care of incident management, and root cause analysis in case of unavailability and data quality issues. You communicate directly with users on this from Amsterdam, London, Brussels, New York and Singapore.
- Implement and work with the latest tooling with a strong focus on performance, stability and security
- Find opportunities to automate the testing of existing features, performance and security as well as the automation of deployments, monitoring, and more. This is a keu responsibility of the Operations Engineers.
- IT Risk & security controls need to be put in place and accurately documented.
- Through Agile/Scrum you bring live new sprint releases every 2 weeks.
What do we expect from an Ops Engineer?
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in the area of Information Technology or Economics(must);
- You have experience with Linux, Automation (CI/CD) and Scrum;
- You have experience with Ansible, Nolio, ITIL, Scrum (Would be very nice);
- You are proactive, analytical, responsible and have strong communicative skills.
- A challenging working environment and a good compensation
- Plenty of opportunities to follow vocational courses;
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work scheduling. Salary indication
Depending on relevant work experience and or certification, you can expect a salary between €3.500,- and €5.000,- gross per month based on a 40-hour workweek.
iSense iSense is a young, energetic and ambitious specialist in IT employment services. iSense will help you find a job on different levels within organisations, such as operations, business consultancy and (project)management. We want to help you find a job were you can be successful and above all happy. Working together with iSense will bring you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).