Network Designer WAN in Cisco environment
You will work at a large and progressive financial institution with offices in the Netherlands and abroad. Your domain is responsible for the Networking and data centre services and within this domain, a small team is working on the Global Wide Area Network Design. They decide on how to connect new countries to the Global Network, how to update consisting networks and they think of solutions for data centre migrations. Together with external suppliers, they make sure all internal business partners have the best and fastest network possible.
They work according to Agile/Scrum methodologies (sprints of 4 weeks) and within these DevOps teams, the atmosphere is informal, although they love to work hard. The organization is constantly looking for and working with innovations and new technologies, therefore they encourage personal development and out-of-the-box thinking. They also require this attitude from the people working there, which for instance means having personal projects and prototyping in your spare time.
The Network Designer
As a Network Designer, you are responsible for designing the network constructions for the organization. Throughout the design process, your goal is to create a Global WAN that fits with the established architectural standards for the company, ensuring communication between systems and departments. Your job responsibilities of a network designer include:
- Design drawings that outline complex network details and requirements;
- Keeping the overview of projects;
- Manage (monitor, evaluate, continuously improve) Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management processes;
- Testing prototypes;
- Working with network architects and the Product Owners to translate business requirements and to make changes/improvements to the design.
What you bring
- You have at least a BSc. Degree (HBO/WO);
- You have proven and broad experience in WAN-, LAN-, and Cisco environments, preferably with certificates (CCNP etc.);
- You have experience with routers, switches and firewalls (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF etc.);
- You are a team player and a true professional in every way;
- You are pro-active, you have strong analytical skills and you have an awesome personality.
- You're willing to work standy shifts 1 week a month.
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work hours;
- Opportunities to grow;
- Excellent salary;
- Training opportunities for professionally oriented courses.
Depending on relevant work experience and/or certifications, you can expect a salary between €3.070,- and €6.040,- gross per month based on a 40-hour workweek.
iSense is a young, energetic and ambitious specialist in IT employment services. iSense will help you find a job on different levels within organisations, such as operations, business consultancy and (project)management. We want to help you find a job were you can be successful and above all happy. Working together with iSense will bring you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops.