Linux Ops Engineer wanted in Amsterdam
You will be working with a major player in the area of Amsterdam. This organization is a progressive financial institution with operations in the Netherlands and abroad. Within the organization, the cluster where you will come to work is supportive for the rest of the organization. Your department is responsible for delivering, improving and supporting integrated risk management solutions for the entire organization.
The team you will work in consists of 6 DevOps Engineers and is responsible for a risk tracking application portfolio. This application portfolio is used by the rest of the organization to gain insights in certain financial and market risks.
Within the team, the atmosphere is informal, although they love to work hard. The organization is constantly looking for and working with innovations and new technologies. Therefor they encourage personal development and out-of-the-box thinking. They also require this attitude from the people working there, which for instance means having personal projects and prototyping in your spare time.
What will you do?
You will enter a very challenging environment. They work according to Agile/Scrum methodologies with a Java/WebSphere/Linux/Oracle stack. In the past few years, the focus has been mostly on developing new functionalities, without implementing a lot of rules and or controls. This means that they still have a big step to make sure all operational risk controls are in order within the Life Cycle Management.
Within this environment, you will be doing the following:
- Improving the current situation to be more proactive regarding the operation of the application and new build functionalities;
- Stakeholder management with for instance internal clients, product owners and developers;
- Automate operations and processes;
- Testing and deploying new functionalities;
- Set up and improve the CI/CD pipelines;
- Involved in predictive monitoring;
- Involved in high available systems.
What do we ask from you?
- You have a University BSc. or MSc. degree, preferably in the area of Informatics (must);
- You have experience maintaining the operations of Linux RedHat environments (must);
- You have experience scripting in Python/Shell/Bash/Perl (must);
- You have knowledge of and/or experience with Jenkins, Maven, ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana and/or Docker (pré);
- You have been working in an Agile/Scrum/DevOps environment and know of Continuous Delivery (pré);
- You are proactive, analytical, responsible and have strong communicative skills.
What do we offer?
- A challenging working environment and a good compensation;
- Plenty of opportunities to follow vocational courses;
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work scheduling.
iSense is a young, energetic and ambitious specialist in IT employment services. iSense will help you find a job on different levels within organisations, such as operations, business consultancy and (project)management. We want to help you find a job were you can be successful and above all happy.
Working together with iSense will bring you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).
Want to know more? Check our website: www.isense.nl