Lead Ops Application Engineer / Cloud / Containerization
Are you a Senior Ops Engineer with a passion for automation? Do you have relevant work experience with configuration tooling, such as Ansible, TFS or Saltstack? Are you someone that knows how to work in a Linux, environment? Do you have strong containerization and Cloud skills? Then boost your career in one of the coolest and most challenging financial organizations located in the Netherlands!
Note: You already need to live in the European Union for this position!
You will work at a large and progressive financial organization with offices in the Netherlands and abroad. The domain where you are going to work is responsible for delivering solutions in the Pricing, Billing and Product Catalogue. Currently, they are building API's, that that the Pricing, Billing and Product Catalog data will come together.
As a Lead Ops Engineer you are responsible for monitoring, managing, testing, deploying and operating the application. You are going to ensure the stability, integrity and availability across the entire end-to-end application chain. The goal is to prevent problems and continiously improve the automation of the deployments with Ansible. Together with the team you are going gather the requirements from the vendor. Furthermore, you are going to assist the team with migrating the applications to the Cloud. As a Tech Lead, you need to take the leading role in deciding the best solutions togehter with your team and the vendor.
What are you going to do?
You are going to work according to Agile/Scrum/DevOps methodologies. Your main tasks involve:
- Automating deployments with Ansible;
- Searching the error logs to troubleshoot problems;
- Migrating the applications the the Cloud;
- Containerizing the environement;
- Bash scripting to automate as many tasks as possible;
- Setting up Monitoring and Alerts;
- Ensuring that all systems and applications comply with the security guidelines;
- Signal relevant innovative solutions that can be implemented with the environment;
- You will have a standby shift once every 4 weeks.
What do we need from you?
- You have at least a completed Bachelor/Master degree;
- You have 4 years work experience with Cloud technologies, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP;
- You have 4 years work experience with containerization, using Kubernetes, Docker and Openshift;
- You have 4 years work experience with monitoring tooling, such as ELK, Grafana, or Prometheus;
- You have 4 years work experience with Linux, Oracle and Middleware, such as JBoss;
- You have 4 years work experience with a scripting language, such as Bash or Python;
- You have 4 years work experience with setting up and automating CI/CD pipelines;
- You have 4 years work experience with configuration management tooling, such as Ansible, TFS, Puppet, Saltstack or Bamboo;
- You have affinity with solving and improve complex situations;
- You are familiar with Agile/Scrum methodologies;
- You are proactive with a positive attitude.
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work layout;
- Growth opportunities in both depth and width;
- Excellent salary;
- Holiday allowance;
- Training opportunities for professionally oriented courses.
iSense is a young, energetic and ambitious specialist in IT employment services. iSense will help you find a job on different levels within organisations, such as operations, business consultancy and (project)management. We want to help you find a job were you can be successful and above all happy. Working together with iSense will bring you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).
Want to know more? Check our website: www.isense.nl.