Lead Data Engineer in Amsterdam
Do you have experience in Data Engineering, using R, Python, Powershell and TSQL. Do colleagues see you as the expert when it comes to Data Engineering? Are you enthusiastic about transferring your knowledge to your team, by coaching them both professional and personal? Then this role as a Lead Data Engineer is what you're looking for.
You will be working with a major player in the area of Amsterdam. This organization is a progressive financial institution with operations in the Netherlands and abroad. They are working hard to stay ahead in being the most innovate financial company when it comes to Technical Solutions. For this reason, they're looking for passionate (technical) people who are willing to lead a group of people and support them during their personal and professional growth.
Within the organization, the cluster where you will come to work is responsible for the infrastructure, network services and useful data around it for all the internal partners. As a Lead Data Engineer, you'll be joining the Operational Management Data department. This department is the owner of a Big Data Solution, including Operational Management Data and delivers data to different reporting, BI and Data Science teams.
What will you do?
As a Lead you have proven knowledge in the field of Data Engineering and a passion for coaching and managing people. You are a competent Data Engineer with 2-5 year experience. For 60% of your time, you're technically involved in the following tasks:
- Develop and maintain Data Flows to deliver Data to internal parties;
- You're responsible for the development and the maintenance of Data Flows (using ETL);
- Gathering requirements byworking together with internal stakeholders.
The remaining 40% you spend on building up expertise in your team and developing your team. You will coach your team, consisting of around 7 members, from your experience and expertise to get the most out of the people and the team. You also get the space to raise your expertise within the organization to a higher level. You work a lot with the team and motivate the others. This primarily means bottom-up work and, in collaboration with your colleagues, how to work within the field of expertise, how the specific knowledge is divided and what standards apply to the team
What do you bring?
- Must haves; R, Python, Powershell, TSQL;
- Nice to have: Java, C#, C++, .Net framework, BIML
- You are proactive, analytical, responsible and have strong communicative skills;
- You have experience with or the ability to coach people,
What we offer
- A challenging working environment and a good compensation;
- Plenty of opportunities to follow courses;
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work scheduling.
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).