Junior Network Engineer in Amsterdam Area
You will be working with a major player in the area of Amsterdam. This organization is a progressive financial institution with operations in the Netherlands and abroad. Within the organization, the cluster where you will come to work is responsible for the infrastructure and network services for all the international clients.
The Infrastructure Cluster is the heart of the company. They support other departments within the company by providing networking and storage. They deliver infrastructure-as-code, automated delivery pipelines and elastic containerized infrastructures. GIT, Jenkins and CI/CD are important factors within the department. The key for their stability is the physical and virtual networks environment in which they automate changes and extensions. The second enabler are self-service solutions, specially developed for customers.
The international team consists of Developers and Operational Engineers. Within the team, the atmosphere is informal, although they love to work hard. The organization is constantly looking for and working with innovations and new technologies. Therefor they encourage personal development and out-of-the-box thinking. They also require this attitude from the people working there, which for instance means having personal projects and prototyping in your spare time.
What are you going to do as a Junior Network Engineer?
You will enter a very challenging environment. They work according to Agile/Scrum methodologies with a standard framework. You will be responsible for the availability and further refinement of the services of your squad. You identify and analyse problems fastly and securely and take the lead in solving incidents. You’re inspired by innovating and continuously strive to improve the solution, yourself and your colleagues in the DevOps way of working. The focus is mostly on:
- You haImprove the current infrastructure/network;
- Implement, Maintain and build Firewalls, Routers, Switches etc ;
- Build Automation workflows;
- Develop and improve automation pipelines;;
- Join the scrum sprints within a DevOps team.
What do we ask from a Junior Network Engineer
- You have at least a BSc. Degree, preferably in System or Networking;
- You have an awesome personality;
- You have an understand of the technical running Cloud Computing;
- You have knowledge of at least one of the following: Java, Linux, Container Hosting, CI/CD;
- You ideally have experience with working in or at least want to work in a complex and challenging IT environment;
- You know how to work according to Agile/Scrum/DevOps methodologies;
- You have good communication skills: you aren’t afraid to ask for information, share your opinion and view, whether it’s asked or not;
- You are a team player and want to become a true professional in every way.
iSense is a young, energetic and ambitious specialist in IT employment services. iSense will help you find a job on different levels within organisations, such as operations, business consultancy and (project)management. We want to help you find a job were you can be successful and above all happy. Working together with iSense will bring you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).