Junior Linux DevOps Engineer in Amsterdam
You will be working with a major player in the area of Amsterdam. This organization is a progressive financial institution with operations in the Netherlands and abroad. Within the organization, the cluster where you will come to work is responsible for the main system for the Dutch market. Every transaction made within the Netherlands, more than 10 million per day, passes through this system. You will be working on the most important system of the bank, facilitating all its Dutch clients.
The entire cluster responsible for this system, counts about 50 international professionals. The cluster is growing as the importance and size of the system continues to grow. They work according to Agile/Scrum methodologies in about 10 DevOps teams. Within these DevOps teams, the atmosphere is informal, although they love to work hard. The organization is constantly looking for and working with innovations and new technologies, therefore they encourage personal development and out-of-the-box thinking. They also require this attitude from the people working there, which for instance means having personal projects and prototyping in your spare time.
What will you do?
Within this environment, you will be doing the following:
- 25% of your time engaged in daily operational activities such as incident management and monitoring;
- 75% of your time operating and improving operational control:
- Improve CI/CD pipelines;
- Automate operations and processes;
- Involved in predictive monitoring;
- Involved in high available systems;
- Testing and deploying new functionalities.
What do we ask from you?
- You have a University BSc. or MSc. degree, preferably in the area of Informatics (must);
- You have experience maintaining the operations of Linux RedHat environments (must);
- You have experience scripting in Python/Shell/Bash/Perl (must);
- You have knowledge of and/or experience with Jenkins, Maven, ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana and/or Docker (pré);
- You have been working in an Agile/Scrum/DevOps environment and know of Continuous Delivery (pré);
- You are proactive, analytical, responsible and gave strong communicative skills.
What do we offer?
- A challenging working environment and a good compensation;
- Plenty of opportunities to follow vocational courses;
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work scheduling.
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).