Junior Front-End Web-components Engineer in Amsterdam
You will be working with a department for Investment and Private Banking in a multi-disciplinary team which is responsible for realizing the dreams of end-clients. You will be working in the Investment area, where they are working on a web-investment-app. Now, they are still working in an AngularJS 1.5 environment, but they are slowly migrating to web components and want to give this project a kick-start as soon as possible.
Since they are working with the newest technologies, they also have a lot of room for new ideas. For instance, they have decided to work with Polymer, but also want to see what options Vue has to offer for their environment. Also, they are currently in a transformation into omni-channel, which means they are working closely with other teams to set the standards for the rest of the organisation.
This organisation is focused on working on the best technology, fast and sound delivery processes with as much automation as possible and working directly with user feedback. They do this by working in DevOps Scrum teams in sprints of two weeks. Amongst your colleagues, there are very smart software engineers that love to keep up-to-date on the latest and greatest of developments. They will stimulate you to do this as well and by working closely with them, they will help you by reviewing your code and pair programming to help you become a successful Engineer.
What will you do?
- Designing, developing, testing and deploying new front-end functionalities and web-components;
- Helping in the migration to web-components with Polymer;
- Developing cross browser API’s;
- Automating tasks where possible;
- Designing and developing CI/CD pipelines;
- Writing and executing fully automated tests and working according to TDD;
- Building, improving and maintaining tools and scripts;
- Implementing User Stories from the back-log.
They mainly use the following technologies and frameworks: AngularJS 1.5, Polymer, React Native, React, Sonar, Java, Spring, REST API’s, Jenkins, Maven, Fitnesse, Selenium, Protractor, Mesos, Elastic Search and Getlin. All based on a Tomcat/Linux/Oracle stack on which they deliver every two weeks fully automated new features into production.
Do you recognize yourself in the following profile?
- You have an awesome personality;
- You have at least a BSc. Degree;
- You have knowledge of at least one of the following: Angular, Polymer, Java, Getlin;
- You enjoy to come up with solutions in new technologies;
- You have experience with working in a complex and challenging IT environment;
- You have experience in an Agile/Scrum/Dev/Ops team;
- You are a team player and a true professional in every way.
What do we offer?
- A challenging working environment and a good compensation;
- Plenty of opportunities to follow vocational courses;
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work scheduling.
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).
- Want to know more? Check our website: www.isense.nl