Junior DevOps Engineer / Python / Linux
You will work at a large and progressive financial institution with offices in the Netherlands and abroad. You work within the domain that is responsible for building and delivering IT systems, which are used by the entire company on a global level.
The department where you will be working is responsible for developing and adjusting sensors which scan the different technology stacks of all the teams within the organization. All the information that is analyzed through these sensors is being sent to the UCMDB. This information can be used for reporting. The reports can indicate that you are in control of which stack is being used by which team. You are going to work with a tool called TADDM, which is used to develop, adjust and automate the sensors. The environment provides evidence for risk controls. Currently they are starting a pilot to migrate from UCMDB to ServiceNow.
As an DevOps Engineer you are responsible for developing, maintaining and automating the sensors. You are going to place sensors to analyze the data of all the technology stack's that are used in the teams within the organization.
- Developing and maintaining the sensors;
- Automating the sensors through writing Python scripts;
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues;
- Ensuring that the application is running, preventing malfunctions and fixing bugs;
- Updating, testing and deploying the system as soon as new version of the application software comes out;
- Being responsible that you are in control of all the data;
- Signal relevant developments in the world and submit proposals for improvement.
Do you recognize yourself in the following profile?
- You have at least a BSc. Degree;
- You have advanced knowledge of Linux;
- You have experience with Python, Bash or Shell;
- You know how to work according to Agile/Scrum/DevOps methodologies;
- You have good communication skills: you aren’t afraid to ask for information, share your opinion and view, whether it’s asked or not;
- You are a team player and want to become a true professional in every way;
- You speak Dutch and/or English.
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work layout;
- Growth opportunities in both depth and width;
- Excellent salary;
- Training opportunities for professionally oriented courses.
iSense is a young, energetic and ambitious specialist in IT employment services. iSense will help you find a job on different levels within organisations, such as operations, business consultancy and (project)management. We want to help you find a job were you can be successful and above all happy. Working together with iSense will bring you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).