Engineer Cloud Orchestration and VMware
Are you an experienced back-end engineer with a passion for Cloud and VMWare? Do you want to help improving and develop the Infrastructure Environment? Are you a huge fan of Virtual Machines, storage and networking? If your answer is yes to all the above, then apply now!
You will be working with a major player in the area of Amsterdam. This organization is a progressive financial institution with operations in the Netherlands and abroad. Within the organization, the cluster where you will come to work is responsible for the infrastructure and network services for all the international clients.
The Infrastructure Cluster is the heart of the company. They support other departments within the company by providing networking and storage. They deliver infrastructure-as-code, automated delivery pipelines and elastic containerized infrastructures. Private Cloud and VMWare are important words within the department. The key for their stability is the physical and virtual networks environment in which they automate changes and extensions. The second enabler are self-service solutions, specially developed for customers, being domain and micro -segmentation which is delivered by virtual firewalling solutions.
The international team consists of Developers and Operational Engineers. Within the team, the atmosphere is informal, although they love to work hard. The organization is constantly looking for and working with innovations and new technologies. Therefor they encourage personal development and out-of-the-box thinking. They also require this attitude from the people working there, which for instance means having personal projects and prototyping in your spare time.
What will you do as a Cloud Orchestration Developer?
You will enter a very challenging environment. They work according to Agile/Scrum methodologies with a standard framework. You will be responsible for the availability and further refinement of the services of your squad. You identify and analyse problems fastly and securely and take the lead in solving incidents. You’re inspired by innovating and continuously strive to improve the solution, yourself and your colleagues in the DevOps way of working. The focus is mostly on:
- Improve the current situation of the new Cloud;
- Implement, Maintain and build Firewalls, Routers, Switches etc in the Private Cloud environment;
- Build Automation workflows through self-service cloud;
- Develop and improve automation pipelines;;
- Involved in scrum sprints within a DevOps team.
What do we ask from a Cloud Orchestration Developer?
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in the area of Information Technology or Networking (must);
- You have experience with Cloud Technologies, like AWS;
- You have knowledge on VMWare, Routers, Switches and firewalls;
- You have been working in an Agile/Scrum/DevOps environment;
- You are proactive, analytical, responsible and have strong communicative skills.
What do we offer?
- A challenging working environment and a good compensation;
- Plenty of opportunities to follow vocational courses;
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work scheduling.
Depending on relevant work experience and or certification, you can expect a salary between €2.500,- and €4.500,- gross per month based on a 40-hour workweek.
iSense is a young, energetic and ambitious specialist in IT employment services. iSense will help you find a job on different levels within organisations, such as operations, business consultancy and (project)management. We want to help you find a job were you can be successful and above all happy. Working together with iSense will bring you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).