Database administration for worldwide platform (junior/medior)
Do you have experience with SQL? Do you think it is key to take full ownership of your work? And do you think it is a challenge to perform database administration work in mission critical environments? Then please apply to this job!
The organization is based in Amsterdam and has been operating in the financial industry for years (both nationally and internationally). They are fast-growing and need to stay up with developments in both the financial and IT industry. In order to be able to keep on doing this, they need someone who is in charge of their SQL databases.
More and more requests arise from suppliers, customers and ‘the business’ that involve the database. However, currently they cannot respond as quickly as they want to since there is no purely dedicated DBA (DBA-tasks are performed by System Engineers and other disciplines). Since they operate in a 24x7 environment and they ensure an extensive high-availability of their platform, a SQL DBA is crucial!
At first you will be trained and guided by a Microsft MVP so that you can perform database administration in this mission critical environment. Don't hesitate to suggest and implement new ideas! So if you see new opportunities in for example automation, newer versions of SQL Server or in NoSQL, don't hesitate to explore and pitch them! This particular company strives to optimize on a daily basis and has the (financial) resources to do so, so make use of it! And don't worry about the mission-critical environment though. You and the MVP are together responsible for the very demanding SQL administration tasks and he will train you to be the best SQL DBA there is!
- (Together) Responsible for daily SQL Server administration (2012 and 2014; 2017 in the future) in a mission-critical environment;
- Automating ‘SQL processes';
- Involved in numerous and critical projects (BI, NoSQL, DevOps, migrations, etc.);
- Supporting all the teams and their (financial) domains regarding business requests and alike;
- Responsible for availability and replications;
- Having in-depth technical meetings;
- Taking full ownership of the databases;
- Exploring (and implementing) new technologies.
- Preferrably a BSc. degree (or similar intellectual ability);
- More than 2 years of experience with SQL Server (preferably with SQL Server 2012 or newer versions);
- Excited about working in a mission-critical, high-available environment;
- Eager to learn;
- Aware of new/other features (e.g. NoSQL and/or newer versions of SQL Server);
- Excellent English communication skills;
- Currently living in Holland.
- Possibility to work 32 or 36 hours per week (4x9 is not possible);
- 25 holiday days;
- Travel allowance;
- Pension plan.
iSense is a young, energetic and ambitious specialist in IT employment services. iSense will help you find a job on different levels within organisations, such as operations, business consultancy and (project)management. We want to help you find a job were you can be successful and above all happy. Working together with iSense will bring you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).
Want to know more? Check our website: www.isense.nl