Data Engineer with Databricks | DevOps
For our client in The Hague, we are looking for an ambitious Data Engineer to help set-up their new Finance and Risk Data Analytics Platform. It is a modern and international company with a name well known in the Netherlands. The company is a major player in the world of Insurance. Here, you get to work in the CIO division, which is responsible for the application management (Dev/Ops) of all IT applications used by the different head office functions departments, such as Finance, Risk, and HR. The teams are working with a complex Data environment, hosted in the Cloud (Azure).
As a Data Engineer, you will be working in the Data Integration Services/Platform team. Together with your team, you will set-up the data platform which will service multiple teams of the company. Your other tasks include:
- Designing and building modern data (CI/CD) pipelines and data streams;
- Supporting the planning and implementation of data platform services including sizing, configuration, and needs assessment;
- Implementing effective metrics and monitoring processes;
- Providing feedback to your colleagues to support personal development;
- Reporting on progress and impediments on a daily basis to the team;
- Supporting further development of the DevOps way of working and contributing in optimizing the IT-processes;
- You have a Bachelor’s degree;
- You have at least 4 years of experience with Data Engineering, ETL development and building CI/CD pipelines;
- You have some experience with Databricks;
- You have working experience with Azure (DevOps, Data Factory, Data Lake, CI/CD);
- You have some programming experience (Phyton, SCALA, PowerShell);
- You have experience in the Agile way of working;
- You are proactive, eager to learn and can be a mentor to other IT professionals.
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work layout;
- Growth opportunities in both depth and width;
- Excellent salary;
- Training opportunities for professionally oriented courses.
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regular interaction with iSense colleagues in your region (through our "iHaveFuns").