Data Engineer / Hadoop / Hortonworks / Azure HDInsights
As a Data Engineer you will work at an international organization in the area of The Hague that focuses on process optimization through very complex IT solutions. They do this at the highest level with offices all over the world. They have a large number of appealing customers such as Coca-Cola and Toyota. Together with two junior Data Engineers and a Team lead you will work on the development of innovative Big Data platforms for advanced analytics. In consultation with Data Scientists and Data analysts you map requirements, after which you develop appropriate solutions. These can be both internal as external solutions. These external solutions are mostly (long-term) projects at large multinationals and other renowned organizations in the Netherlands.
As a Data Engineer you are responsible for the most diverse and innovative issues concerning (Big) data. For this you will be working with technologies such as Azure HDInsights, Hortonworks, Hadoop, Spark, data lakes, ETL and data warehousing. You get all the time to use, learn and explore other techniques! You also have the responsibility to handle data issues in a way that you have in mind. Because you have several years of experience as a data engineer, you are driven to transfer your technical knowledge to the other two Data Engineers in the team.
Of course, this organization offers you several amazing extras to make your work even more fun. Given the international aspect, they have the ambition to take on international projects. This is why they also give you the opportunity to travel to a office abroad together with your team once a year. Like you, your colleagues are very driven with a huge passion for data. You will work at the highest level in the field of Big Data where you will have plenty of room to work on your personal and professional development.
- Development of Big Data solutions for renowned multinationals in the Netherlands with tooling such as Azure HDInsights, Hortonworks, Hadoop, Spark, data lakes, ETL and data warehousing;
- Developing ETL processes, managing data and analyzing datasets;
- Maintenance, improvement, cleaning and manipulation of data from different databases;
- Working with large-scale data warehousing;
- Collaborate with data scientists and analysts to gather requirements and translate these into solutions within your field;
- Transfer your technical knowledge to the team of junior data engineers.
- A Bachelor or Masters degree, preferably focused on IT;
- Experience Apache Hadoop (Hortonworks) and with Cloud solutions such as Azure (HDInsights)
- You are really passionate about Big Data and as driven as your colleagues;
- Strong analytical skills.
- Flexible work scheduling;
- A challenging working environment and a good compensation;
- Plenty of opportunities to follow courses;
- Travel allowance;
- 13th month bonus;
- Mobility allowance.
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops.