Cognos Engineer | BI Consultant | Cognos 11.x
You will be working with a major player in the area of Amsterdam. This organization is a progressive financial institution with operations in the Netherlands and abroad. You will be working with a department which is responsible for the Data Warehouse. Within this department, they work according to Agile/Scrum methodologies in DevOps teams and in sprints of two weeks. These teams are end-to-end responsible to realize the wishes of their clients.
Within this department each team has its own focus. The team you will work in is focussing on the Analytics, to be exact, the Cognos platform, which links the Data Marts to the reports. The team consists of six to eight people and is end-to-end responsible for this Cognos Analytics Platform for the Netherlands and Belgium.
What will you do?
As a Cognos Engineer you will enter a complex and challenging environment, being responsible for:
- Supporting the business in the Netherlands and Belgium in the use of Cognos;
- Setting up Cognos tutorials and masterclasses and providing these tutorials and masterclasses to internal users in the Netherlands and Belgium;
- Managing incidents and fixing bugs;
- Developing new frameworks, packages and reports with Cognos Analytics;
- Maintaining and monitoring the platform;
- Making the sure the platform is running according to risk and security policies;
- Sharing insights, improvements and opinions on new/other tools and technologies within the analytics field;
- Improving your personal engineering skills and sharing your ideas and views within the team.
The Technology Stack
They mainly use the following technologies and frameworks: Cognos Analytics 11.x, IBM InfoSphere: DataStage, TWS-D, Information Governance Catalog and Netezza and Hadoop.
What do you bring?
- You have at least a BSc. Degree;
- You have an awesome personality with good communication and consultancy skills and know how to give trainings and masterclasses;
- You have extensive experience with Cognos Analytics 11.x in dashboarding, reporting, framework management and administration;
- You know about data modelling, SQL, databases and for example IBM InfoSphere, DataStage, Data Vault, IIS, SQL, Oracle, Bash scripting, Netezza, Java and/or Python;
- You enjoy to come up with solutions in new technologies;
- You have experience with working in a complex and challenging IT environment;
- You have experience in an Agile/Scrum/Dev/Ops team;
- You are a team player and a true professional in every way.
What can you expect?
- A challenging working environment and a good compensation;
- Plenty of opportunities to follow vocational courses;
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work scheduling.
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).