CI/CD Linux OPS Engineer in Amsterdam
You will be working with a major player in the area of Amsterdam. This organisation is a progressive financial institution with operations in the Netherlands and abroad. Within the organisation, the cluster where you will come to work is responsible for the main system for the Dutch market. At this moment, they are merging with the Belgium part of the organisation, which means they are currently merging and getting the Dutch core system ready to be joined by and implement the Belgium systems. This environment is the heart of the organisation, since more than 15 million transactions per day pass through this system and facilitates just as many end-clients.
The entire cluster responsible for this system, counts over 50 international professionals, spread over 10 DevOps teams. The cluster is growing as the importance and size of the system continues to grow. They work according to Agile/Scrum methodologies and believe strongly in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery engineering principles. Within these DevOps teams, the atmosphere is informal, although they love to work hard. The organization is constantly looking for and working with innovations and new technologies, therefore they encourage personal development and out-of-the-box thinking. They also require this attitude from the people working there, which for instance means having personal projects and prototyping in your spare time.
What will you do?
You will enter a very challenging environment. They work in a Java/Tomcat/Linux/Oracle stack, with tools like Jenkins, Maven, ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana and Docker. The DevOps teams are working on both the implementation of new functionalities & customizations and the operational management of the application. They are automating a lot when it comes to testing and core processes, but they want to become better. This means you are challenged to help them improve in this area.
Within this environment, you will be doing the following:
- 25% (max) of your time you are engaged in daily operational activities such as incident-, problem-, change management, monitoring, patching and service requests;
- 75% (or more) of your time you will be operating and improving operational control:
- Getting and improving the optional control;
- Improve CI/CD pipelines;
- Automate operations and processes;
- Involved in predictive monitoring;
- Involved in high available systems;
- Testing and deploying new functionalities;
- Bringing new functionalities to production.
Linux Redhat 7 (RHCSA), CI/CD tooling, Docker, ELK-stack and scripting (mainly bash).
What do you bring?
- You have a University BSc. or MSc. degree, preferably in the area of Informatics (must);
- You have experience maintaining the operations of Linux RedHat environments (must);
- You have experience scripting in Python/Shell/Bash/Perl (must);
- You have knowledge of and/or experience with Jenkins, Maven, ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana and/or Docker (pré);
- You have been working in an Agile/Scrum/DevOps environment and know of Continuous Delivery (pré);
- You are proactive, analytical, responsible and have strong communicative skills.
What do we offer?
- A challenging working environment and a good compensation;
- Plenty of opportunities to follow vocational courses;
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work scheduling.
Working together with iSense will bring you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).