Windows Systems Engineer
Do you have experience with Windows Environments in an Enterprise company? Do want to maintain Windows Servers with an agile mindset? In the position of Windows System engineer, you will be part of a successful team that is strive for automation!
Important: You need to be at least at B1 level Dutch to be considered for this position
Our client, a large telco organization in the Netherlands, serves as an internet and mobile services provider. They offer a wide variety of telecommunication services over a first-class network infrastructure.
You will work within the Cloud & Infrastructure Solutions department where they make sure all of the Windows Servers are compliant and highly available for the workloads.
The organization encourages a high level of independent action and drive and would suit someone used to work on their own initiative. Besides the daily operations there are enough opportunities to participate in interesting and innovative projects for the internal customers as well as some projects that focus on the consolidation of infrastructure while drastically improving quality at the same time.
- Solving technical and non-technical problems occurs;
- Managing Configurations and Policies of Windows servers including firewalls and group policies;
- Setting up and configuring the virtualization infrastructure;
- Working together with stakeholders to understand their infrastructure requirements;
- Automating as much as possible;
- You have at least a BSc. Degree;
- Has good knowledge of both Windows client and server operating systems (2012 and newer);
- 4-8 years Windows System Admin experience in similar environment(s) and a high level of knowledge and hands on experience with AD and common Windows functionality (e.g. IIS) and infrastructure functionality (e.g. DNS/DHCP, RADIUS, PKI);
- Strong understanding to configure and maintain Enterprise scale core Windows infrastructure components such as Active Directory, IIS, DNS, Clustering, DFS, PKI, Single Sign On, etc.;
- Strong understanding of Security, Networking (TCP/IP), (host based) firewalls and group policies;
- Experience with Configuration Manager (SCCM) is mandatory as this system is used for deployment and management of servers in different domains;
- Strong Experience in scripting/automation using PowerShell is mandatory. Experience in other languages such as VBScript, Python, Ruby, Java Script is a nice to have;
- Strong experience with VMware Server Virtualization 6.x or higher;
- Training or experience with Windows infrastructure engineering in hybrid IT architectures utilizing AWS or Azure is preferred;
- Experience with server based computing is aplus;
- You have experience in an Agile/Scrum/DevOps team;
- Good command of English language and a basic understanding of the Dutch language
- A challenging working environment and a good compensation;
- Plenty of opportunities to follow courses on both personal and professional level;
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work scheduling.
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).