Senior Network Security Engineer / Routing / Switching / DDoS
This organization is a major player in the banking sector in the Netherlands and abroad. The domain where you will come to work is responsible for building existing and new technologies to reduce attacks and increase security and availability. The organization is focused on working with the best technology and works directly with feedback from users. They have the ambition and goal to produce the same products and services all over the world.
The team that you will be joining is responsible for the DDoS Protection on the Datacenters which have on premise and cloud-based solutions. The goal of the team is to reduce the DDos attacks and improve the security. In order to reach their ambitions and goals, they work in DevOps Scrum teams in sprints of two weeks. Your colleagues are all engineers, who like to stay up-to-date with the latest and greatest tools. They will encourage you to bring out the best in yourself, but you also have this in your own hands.
- Onboarding and implementing new vendors;
- Building the monitoring and alerting of the services;
- Participating in DDoS incidents and improvements in the Global Datacenter;
- Initiating tests for increased DDoS resilience;
- Configuring tests with Ansible;
- Automate configure software which help the team to manage
- Switching data packets between devices on the same internet;
- Routing packets between different networks;
- Developing tools to more easily navigate and communicate between different vendors;
- Setting up peer agreements;
- Sharing your knowledge, ideas and keeping colleagues up-to-date on developments, improvements and new tech;
- Continuously seeking for improvements for the environment;
- Improving your professional and personal skills by deep diving and learning your preferred tools and technologies.
- You have completed a Bachelor or Master Degree in IT;
- You have experience working in big infrastructure environments and ideally have relevant certifications like CCNA, CCNP, CCNE (pré);
- You have experience in IP management;
- You have experience with Anti-DDoS implementations;
- You have experience with routing and switching on an internet level;
- You have knowledge of configuration tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible;
- You have a risk orientated mindset, see the importance of documentation and do what it takes to incorporate the technical implementations of security and risk principles and protocols;
- You have a problem solving mentality, are eager to challenges and have a positive attitude to work in an Agile/Scrum DevOps environment.
Please be aware that high availability is a must in these enterprise networking environments. This means that you will also be involved in standby shifts, once a month (1 week, 24/7).
Also, for this position you will work two days in Amsterdam, two days in Rotterdam and you will have one day free choice in which city you prefer to work.
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work layout;
- Growth opportunities in both depth and width;
- Excellent salary;
- Training opportunities for professionally oriented courses.
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).