Senior Java Developer | CI/CD | Oracle | Mainframe | 9 months
For an internationally oriented client of ours in Leeuwarden, we are immediately looking for an Senior Java Developer with experience in CI/CD. You will work at a large and progressive financial organization with offices in the Netherlands and abroad. You work within the domain that is responsible for developing and maintaining generic processes , such as arrears on paying a loan or mortgage. These processes are crucial for the organization and the challenge of this newly formed squad is to guarantee the current quality on a completely new stack (Linux, Oracle, Java).
The client's ambition is to turn off the mainframe by the end of 2019. It was decided to convert the existing functionality into a Java application. This means that the existing processes running on the mainframe are replaced by a web application based on Spring that runs on a Linux RedHat environment with an Oracle database. The emphasis is mainly on creating a framework through which the current COBOL code can be converted automatically.
What are you going to do?
You will enter a challenging environment where they work according to Agile/Scrum/DevOps methodologies. You main tasks involve:
- Converting the COBOL application into a Java application;
- Building, maintaining and automating the CI/CD pipelines;
- Scheduling batches;
- Testing web applications;
- Monitoring and logging the applications;
- Solving incidents in the applications;
- Being responsible that you are in control of all the data;
- Signaling relevant developments in the world and submit proposals for improvement.
- You have at least a completed Bachelor degree;
- You have at least six years of working experience as a Java Developer;
- You have working experience with Spring, Oracle, Linux;
- You have working experience with CI/CD pipelines;
- You have experience with testing, using tooling such as Junit, Cucumber Virtualize
- You have working experience with Gitlab, Jenkins, Nolio, Maven, Sonar and Artifactory;
- You have working experience with Mainframe (pre);
- You speak Dutch and/or English;
- You are familiar with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
Hours per week: 40 or 36
Hourly rate: Maximum €85,- per hour
iSense is in direct contact with the client and can provide if wanted more information.
Contact person within iSense: Ruben Bod