MS SQL Infra Engineer in Amsterdam
You will work at a large and progressive financial institution with offices in the Netherlands and abroad. Within this organization you will work within the infrastructure domain . The area you work in facilitates the business by delivering a complete stack / platform where the business can host its applications. The department runs on Windows and is virtualized with VMWare. The department wants to stay ahead of innovation, as they just implemented a configuration to the Private Cloud and the implementation of MS SQL server 2016.
You will be part of the Infrastructure’s team, which delivers a private system database infrastructure, driven by continuous innovation through automated systems. You will engineer and build reliable, secure, scale-able available and cost-effective database infrastructure solutions for internal partners. One of their biggest challenges is the AlwaysOn Availability, that allows administrators to pull together a group of user databases that can fail over together. The availability and reliability of very large amounts of data are high priorities. In addition to pro-actively managing the environment, they are also responsible for monitoring and database tuning.
The Microsoft SQL Infra Engineer
As a SQL Server Engineer you will work on a broad set of competences. You will work on standardizing and automating the infrastructural services. In addition, as a team player you will contribute to the processes and projects you work on according to the Agile / Scrum method. In concrete terms, your activities amount to the following:
- Delivery of automated Microsoft SQL Servers;
- Take lead in the AlwaysOn environment, since you're the expert in this area;
- Design, develop, test and deliver standardized infrastructural services that are ready for use;
- Implement mandatory security standards;
- Restructuring and reusing existing code, modules and functions;
- Writing and executing automated tests;
- Switching with the internal customers and responding to the wishes and needs of these customers;
- Managing all components and resources in version-controlled repositories;
- Restructuring and reusing existing codes, modules and functions;
- Writing and executing fully automated tests
- Implement user stories from the back log.
What you bring as MS SQL Infra Engineer
- At least 5 years of relevant experience with large physical and virtualized (Enterprise) Windows environments;
- Proven experience with managing Microsoft SQL Server databases (latest versions);
- A DevOps mind-set and experience working with Powershell;
- Experience with MS Clustering, Always-on, database replication;
- Knowledge of queries, stored procedures and troubleshooting;
- Implementing security standards skills;
- Experience with large-scale database migrations and Life Cycle Management (LCM) projects within the ICT infrastructure;
- A team player mind-set and excellent communication skills, which you can transfer to your team member without any issues;
- An out-of-the box mentality and, of course, an awesome personality.
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work layout;
- Growth opportunities in both depth and width;
- Excellent salary;
- Training opportunities for professionally oriented cou
And what about the salary?
iSense is a young, energetic and ambitious specialist in IT employment services. iSense will help you find a job on different levels within organisations, such as operations, business consultancy and (project)management. We want to help you find a job were you can be successful and above all happy. Working together with iSense will bring you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).