Mainframe Engineer / Amsterdam / Cobol / Java
The company is one of the biggest financial organizations in the Amsterdam area. They operate in the Netherlands and abroad, which will allow you to get in contact with clients and colleagues from all around the world.
You will work within the domain that is responsible for investments. This domain deals with an average of 50.000 – 100.000 transactions per day. To make these transactions possible the company needs a good mainframe. That is where you as a Mainframe Engineer come in! You will not only develop and maintain the current mainframe, but you will also work on changing the currently used technologies into newer ones.
In total, this department consists of roughly 100 people spread over multiple Scrum teams who all work according to the Agile methodology. Every team has their own responsibility in the investment process. This department also has a few teams located in India. For this reason there is a possibility you are able to go here from time to time to guide your colleagues there. However, this is not mandatory!
At the moment 90% of all the development is done in Cobol and 10% in Java. However, the department is making a transition to use newer technologies. One of your tasks will be coming up with ideas and solutions to make this transition possible. Furthermore your tasks will consist off:
- Developing software changes for the mainframes;
- Testing the developed software;
- Working together with stakeholders from other departments to get the best possible results;
- Coming up with ideas/plans to migrate current technologies into new technologies.
- You have a passion for business and IT;
- You at least have a bachelor's degree;
- You have an analytical mindset;
- You like working in a multicultural environment;
- You have experience in Cobol and Java (pre).
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).