Junior Linux Engineer in Amsterdam: Linux RHEL/Shell/Ansible/Java
You will be working with a major player in the area of Amsterdam. This organization is a progressive financial institution with operations in the Netherlands and abroad. Within the organization, the cluster where you will come to work is focusing on the Dutch market. Your department is responsible for delivering, improving and supporting new custom made Java application, to replace the existing mainframe applications.
The team you will work in consists of 6 DevOps Engineers and is responsible for a payment application portfolio. The goal of the team is to support the business by adding and maintaining functionalities to the custom made apps, while assuring the continuity and system performance expectations.
Within the team, the atmosphere is informal, although they love to work hard. The organization is constantly looking for and working with innovations and new technologies. Therefore, they encourage personal development and out-of-the-box thinking. They also require this attitude from the people working there, which for instance means having personal projects and prototyping in your spare time.
Within this environment, you will be doing the following:
- Monitoring and supporting the production environment and several other environments;
- Automating the installation and integration of different components;
- Streamlining the development process in collaboration with the other DevOps Engineers: from code check-ins, to testing and all the way to deployment into production;
- Capacity management of file systems and databases used;
- Improving the current situation to be more proactive regarding the operation of the application landscape according to CI/CD.
- You have a University BSc. or MSc. degree, preferably in the area of Informatics (must);
- You have experience maintaining the operations of Linux (RHEL) environments (must);
- You have experience scripting in Shell/Bash/Perl/Python (must);
- You have knowledge of and/or experience with Jenkins, Git, Oracle DB's, Java, ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana, Ansible and/or Gaphite/Grafana (pré);
- You have been working in an Agile/Scrum/DevOps environment and know of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (pré);
- You are proactive, analytical, responsible and have strong communicative skills.
- A challenging working environment and a good compensation;
- Plenty of opportunities to follow vocational courses;
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work scheduling.
iSense is a young, energetic and ambitious specialist in IT employment services. iSense will help you find a job on different levels within organisations, such as operations, business consultancy and (project)management. We want to help you find a job were you can be successful and above all happy.
Working together with iSense will bring you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).
Want to know more? Check our website: www.isense.nl