Junior Data Management Engineer in Amsterdam
You will be working with a major player in the area of Amsterdam. This organization is a progressive financial institution with operations in the Netherlands and abroad. You will be working with a department which is responsible for the Data Warehouse. Within this department, they work according to Agile/Scrum methodologies in DevOps teams and in sprints of two weeks. These teams are end-to-end responsible to realize the wishes of their clients.
Within this department each team has its own focus. The team you will work in is responsible for getting the right information in the right structure, in the Data Warehouse. The team consists of six to eight people and is end-to-end responsible for retrieving the data from their assigned source and delivering it in the correct order for either Data Analysts or Data Engineers.
- Extracting real-time or batch of data (directly) from the source;
- Transforming the data so it is in the right format and loading the data into the Data Warehouse;
- Governing the data, so it is provided with an ‘owner’ and is correctly labelled;
- Delivering Data Marts, according to the ‘Dimensional Model’ method for reporting purposes;
- Analysing data and building physical models according to ‘Key-Version’ modelling;
- Designing, developing, testing and deploying IBM Information Server artefact’s, mainly involving DataStage;
- Developing new frameworks and packages with Cognos Analytics;
- Maintaining and monitoring the applications running in the Data Warehouse;
- Improving your personal engineering skills and sharing your ideas and views within the team.
The Technology Stack
They mainly use the following technologies and frameworks: IBM InfoSphere: DataStage, TWS-D and Information Governance Catalog and Netezza, Cognos and Hadoop.
- You have at least a BSc. Degree;
- You have an awesome personality;
- You have knowledge of at least one of the following: IBM InfoSphere, DataStage, Data Vault, IIS, SQL, Oracle, Bash scripting, Netezza, Cognos Analytics, Java and/or Python;
- You enjoy to come up with solutions in new technologies;
- You have experience with working in a complex and challenging IT environment;
- You have experience in an Agile/Scrum/Dev/Ops team;
- You are a team player and a true professional in every way.
- A challenging working environment and a good compensation;
- Plenty of opportunities to follow vocational courses;
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work scheduling.
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).