Our client in the Amsterdam region is active in the automotive industry and is a major international player in their market area. They have several offices around the world and the European headquarters is located in the Netherlands. It is an organization that is driven by innovation. With approximately 300 employees in the Netherlands, they are always looking for new, better applications and solutions. The organization is characterized by long service contracts. Worldwide, this organization has more than 100,000 employees.
They are looking for reinforcement for their infrastructure team. Together with 5 colleagues, you will be responsible for the daily maintenance of the Dutch IT infrastructure. You will be working in an international team, with colleagues of different nationalities. They have a Windows environment with approximately 200 VMware servers and connections to various locations in the Netherlands.
In your role as Infrastructure Specialist, you will be responsible for maintaining the Windows environment with its +/- 200 virtual (VMware) servers. You will also manage Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, IIS, and do certificate management. You will also be dealing with routers, switches, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, firewalls, load balancing, and VLAN segmentation. About 60% of your time will be spent on system administration and about 40% on network administration.
Besides the daily management, you are responsible for migrating to the latest versions. For example, they are currently migrating the Windows Servers to Windows Server 2019.
- Daily maintenance of IT infrastructure;
- Security of the server environment;
- Installing, configuring, and updating the VMware vSphere and Windows server environment;
- Managing Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, and IIS;
- Managing Clearpass, VLAN, routers, switches, etc.
- Automating tasks using Powershell;
- Making sure everything is compliant with (international) standards;
- Maintain contact with the users;
- Executing and participating in projects from start to finish.
- Completed MBO (or similar level) education in the field of IT;
- You have at least 2 years of experience as a System Administrator;
- You have experience in a Windows environment (server 2012+) and knowledge of virtualization (VMware);
- You have knowledge of VLAN and (for example) know what layer 2 and layer 3 is;
- Active Directory is well known to you;
- You are interested in both system and network administration and want to develop yourself further in both disciplines;
- Experience with Clearpass is a plus;
- You speak and write fluent English.
- Vacation pay: 8% of gross annual salary;
- Vacation days: 25 days + 0.5 day per quarter that you are not sick;
- Travel expenses: 19 cents/kilometer (maximum of € 200,- per month);
- Non-contributory pension;
- Sickness benefits: € 50,- per month;
- Training opportunities.
About Experis iSense
Experis iSense is a young, energetic and ambitious specialist in ICT employment. Experis iSense helps you to find a job on the operation, business consultancy and (project/line) management level. A job in which you can be successful and above all happy.
Working with Experis iSense means for you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good insight into your personal skills through various reports;
- Being prepared for your job interview;
- Always being informed about your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with the Field Coach;
- Quarterly free participation in the Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly out and about with your Experis iSense colleagues in the region (ihavefun).
Want to know more?
Take a look at www.isense.n