Experienced Developer | Python | Data/ML Environment | Scala/Kafka | min. 6 months
For an internationally oriented client of ours in Amsterdam, we are immediately looking for an experienced Python developer. This financial organization is setting up a new team in their data environment. The department consists of Data Scientists, Data Analysts and now soon also Developers. They have the goal to utilize the organizations data for the benefit in the end customers, and in order to realize this, they all work together to create and operationalize ML models by applying software engineering.
To reach the department’s set goals, they are setting up a new team with the purpose to implement best practices from software engineering, such as continuous delivery, into data driven solutions. Together with data scientists, this team will build and deliver data driven solutions in an optimized and efficient way. The team will guide and share their ideas with data scientist in order to adopt best practices to deliver solutions that have good connections to other systems and can easily be adapted and maintained.
Python, Scala, Machine Learning models, CI/CD tooling, Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, Linux, SQL, NoSQL, and of course Big Data Tooling such as Hadoop, Yarn, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, NiFi and Airflow.
- Designing, developing, testing and maintaining complex data driven solutions;
- Working with low-latency distributed systems;
- Teaming up with Data Scientists and Data Analysts in order to deliver the best data driven solutions;
- Sharing your experience, ideas, best practices and opinions on how to deliver the best solutions.
- You have multiple years of experience with Python programming and at least a Bachelor’s degree (must);
- You know about or have experience with Machine Learning, Data Modelling, Linux and Java;
- You have a big interest in predictive analysis and machine learning;
- You know the ins & outs of KISS, DRY, YAGNI and the GoF OOP design patterns;
- You know about or have experience with functional programming with Scala and/or Kafka;
- You are a teamplayer with a can-do attitude and can easily share and convince others of your ideas.
Hours per week: 40
Hourly rate: Maximum €80,- per hour
iSense is in direct contact with the client and can provide if wanted more information.