Back End Developer within an infrastructure environment
This organization is a major player in the banking sector in the Netherlands and abroad. The domain where you will be working is responsible for building existing and new technologies to reduce attacks and increase security and availability. The organization is focused on working with the best technology and works directly with feedback from users.
The team where you will be working is responsible for developing an application which is the connection between several private clouds within the infrastructure. These connections are workflows which automate the provisioning of personalized infrastructure such as VM's, networking and storage. They work in DevOps Scrum teams and all have infrastructure knowledge. Currently, the application is built with VMware technologies. The team wants to develop a microservices application with Java and Spring Boot.
Your colleagues are all engineers, who like to stay up-to-date with the latest and greatest tools. They will encourage you to bring out the best in yourself, but you also have this in your own hands.
What are you going to do?
- Developing a microservices application with Java and Spring Boot;
- Writing new automation workflows;
- Developing new interfaces;
- Migrating Gitlab to Azure DevOps and Ansible;
- Refactoring code;
- Execute code reviews;
- Being responsible for automating the deployments;
- Deploying the applications;
- Monitoring and optimizing the application;
- Working according to the SCRUM methodology;
- Sharing your knowledge, ideas and keeping colleagues up-to-date on developments, improvements and new tech;
- Continuously seeking for improvements for the environment;
- Improving your professional and personal skills by deep diving and learning your preferred tools and technologies.
- You have completed a Bachelor or Master Degree in IT;
- You have at least three year working experience with programming in Java;
- You have at least three year working experience with configuration tools such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible;
- You have at least three year working experience with Spring Boot;
- You have working experience with VMware;
- You have a risk orientated mindset, see the importance of documentation and do what it takes to incorporate the technical implementations of security and risk principles and protocols;
- You have a problem solving mentality, are eager to challenges and have a positive attitude to work in an Agile/Scrum DevOps environment.
Please be aware that high availability is a must in these enterprise networking environments. This means that you will also be involved in standby shifts, once a month (1 week, 24/7).
Also, for this position you will work one day in Rotterdam and you will have four days of free choice in which city you prefer to work (Amsterdam or Rotterdam).
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible work layout;
- Growth opportunities in both depth and width;
- Excellent salary;
- Training opportunities for professionally oriented courses.
iSense is a young, energetic and ambitious specialist in IT employment services. iSense will help you find a job on different levels within organisations, such as operations, business consultancy and (project)management. We want to help you find a job were you can be successful and above all happy. Working together with iSense will bring you:
- Personal guidance before, during and after your application process;
- Good understanding of your personal skills through various reports;
- Relevant preparation for your job interview;
- Always aware of your application process;
- Monthly personal contact with a Field Coach;
- Free participation on a quarterly basis in Personal Development Workshops;
- Regularly interaction with you iSense colleagues in your region (iHaveFuns).